Wednesday, December 7, 2011

In Pieces


Ever felt like your heart was literally shattered into a million little pieces and the thought of it ever being repaired seemed to be impossible?

Anybody who has dealt with a broken heart has felt this way and to say you haven't well, you must not have experienced it.

I've lived the broken heart, I couldn't get out of bed and the thought of ever laughing again and truly being happy was so out of the question.

I thought  'I need to fix myself before I can ever be with anybody else'

But then it hit me, thats what we all try to do, we all try to fix ourselves when really we can't do it all alone.

I'm not talking about having another boy come along being the knight in shining armor who we think can make the pain and heart ache disappear into thin air and fix our hearts, I'm talking about God.

When your heart breaks God picks up the pieces, and He carefully puts them back into place in the perfect amount of time. He knows what is best for you and gives you the strength you need to get through it, He has a plan and His plan is to make your heart whole again, to make you feel complete and only God can do that.

Its been said when you have a broken heart you lose pieces of yourself along the way that you never get back, and I say that is true. God keeps the pieces and He mends them and fixes them and makes them stronger than they ever were before, and He wouldn't give you the old pieces of yourself because who you were when your heart broke isn't who you are now.

Who you are now is stronger and wiser and happier. Who you are now is more confident and beautiful.

Its not to say that if you give your heart away to someone else again that it will never be broken, but then God will do what God does best and fix you right up again.

The best hands you can be in are the Lords, so wouldn't you want Him to fix you and put the pieces back together again?

I know I'm trusting Him with my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment