Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Unknown.

There is something exciting about the unknown. There are times when I listen to song (especially country) that makes me want to have a man in my life to relate the song to. It makes me desire to be "wanted" or to have someone be "drunk on me" when he is completely sober. Songs that make me want to "Take A Little Ride" with him in his pick-up truck.  You get the idea.

Through all these songs that I love, I hope to one day have a man want to sing those songs to me while we are driving, it makes me so excited to think about how I have no idea who this man is.

What is his name?
Where is he from?
What does he look like?
Where will I meet him?
Have I met him yet?

Those are just a few questions that are unanswered. I've been through relationships before that have taught me what I do want in a man to share my time with and what I don't want in a man. I know to not settle for anyone and I know not to rush into anything.

I find myself sometimes getting carried away thinking about how I have absolutely no idea what my last name is going to be one day, and even what age I'll be when I get married. These are silly things to think about that are basically a waste of time because God has His perfect timing and when I'm supposed to meet him, I will. When I'm supposed to fall in love with the right man, I will. I completely trust in God's plan because I learned that my unanswered prayers have formed into some of the best things that have happened in my life. There will be a day that I will meet the right guy, who will make me feel wanted, who will be sober and still feel drunk around me, there will be a guy who wants to drive me around in his truck (or other vehicle) just to ride around. 

Until then I'm excited. I get to live it up and never know if when I walk into the library, or the gym, or a bar or at a gas station I could run into him ANYWHERE. I could meet him ANYWHERE and he could be the one. 

I can be completely myself in every situation because I've learned trying to be someone you aren't for another person does not work out. I learned that the right person will love every part of me, even my crazy parts, even the parts I forget to love sometimes. 

 I could meet this guy tomorrow, I could meet him five years from now, I could have met him already, who knows? Not me, that is for sure. The best part about the unknown is it makes every day a little bit more exciting. I am not searching for it, I'm letting God do His work and in perfect time it will happen. 

If God has this guy out there for me, I will be so thankful but until then, I am willing to have fun and meet other guys, go on dates and dance with people and act my age. Fun times await me.


No comments:

Post a Comment