Monday, June 17, 2013

Plan D

Plan A. How often in our lives do we actually get the thing we were planning on?

This weekend my best friend had planned for us to go to Chicago, we were going to watch Luke Bryan in the front row and explore the city. That was our Plan A.

Plan A was ruined because of the computer system overbooking the tickets to the concert and putting us many rows away from Luke so we had the option for Plan B, to sit in mediocre seats and explore the city.

Plan B didn't sound as good with all the money that was going to be spent and the experience not going to be the same so for my weekend I needed a Plan C.

Plan C was to take my best friend on a road trip to let our Chicago Blues get out of our heads and fill our hearts with happiness and adventure.That plan had to be changed because the staff at the hospital was short and my best friend got called into work. Completely understanding her situation I switched to plan D, to still go home any way and spend the weekend with family. 

This weekend with my family was so special to me. On Friday I woke up at my sister's house because my nephew had invited me to spend the night with him that previous night. I got to spend the morning with my nephew, niece and sister. I got to spend time with my other sister, and my niece and nephew at her house and then got to have lunch with both of my sisters together. I also got to see my grandma who has been in a rehabilitation facility for a long time while she tries to gain back her strength. While visiting I gave her pictures from my graduation and a thank you card and her reaction was so special and the moment we shared was priceless. I got to ride on fair rides that night with my nephews and see their faces light up and hear them laugh. I got to see my cousins and their friends who I haven't seen in so long. I got to see my aunt and uncle and my cousin and her boyfriend and spend some time with them catching up. I got to around the fair with just my parents and ride with them to and from the fair and share in some great conversation. I got to hold my beautiful nieces and see them smile and laugh as well. I also got to see my brother-in-laws and share time with them and my sisters at the fair that night. I went to bed that night feeling so blessed. The weekend continued to get better from that Friday, I got to spend the morning with my cousin, her boyfriend, and my grandma and then all afternoon with my dad. I then spent time with my parents watching a movie and eating dinner then spent the rest of the night with my best friend. Ending the night talking with my cousin who is in Spain. I ended this great family-filled weekend with spending father's day with my dad, mom, sisters, brother in laws and nieces and nephews. I also was excited because I got to see my aunt, uncle and cousins. On my way back up to Tahoe it just dawned on me that without fail, God always finds ways to bring me back.

He brings me back into perspective. He shows me that I'm not the one who is supposed to be making the plans, I'm supposed to be willing to open my heart and mind and listen to what He wants me to do. I'm sure if my best friend and I would have went to Chicago it would have been an unforgettable experience. But simply hanging out with her and my family this weekend was such a huge blessing and made me realize even more that the simple moments in life can be unforgettable and can be filled with beauty and happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment