Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Anxious.

Lately I have been feeling anxious. There are so many events and possibilities coming up that I am just left feeling anxious. I feel anxious about graduation and completing all of my classes to do so. I feel anxious about trips I have planned. I feel anxious about what job will become my career, and how soon after graduation will I be able to be employed full time. I am anxious about meeting some pretty important people who mean a lot to some of the people I hold closest. I am anxious about the future and what it holds. I am anxious about so many things I was getting so overwhelmed. I love going back home on weekends because not only do I get restored by seeing some of the people who love me most in this world, but I get to drive for about 4 hours home, and 4 hours back. In those 8 hours I do a lot of thinking. It is sometimes just me and the radio, and sometimes it is just me and the silence. Songs can trigger thoughts or the beauty surrounding me with the mountains or the fields on my drive. This past weekend I went home for Easter and was so thankful and blessed that I did. I also got to watch the Bible series on the History channel with my parents and it made me realize I need never to be on a break from reading the Bible. Each time I read a book, or a chapter or even a verse I have a different mind set and the words hit me differently. I was skimming through my Bible because I was feeling so anxious about the future and without fail one of my favorite books in the Bible helped me out with the right words I needed to hear. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known by God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6,7 In a way it actually makes me kind of sad to think about how much I let the pressures of the world and the constant need to know everything all the time get to me when I know that my faith will see me through anything and everything. I know that God has His perfect timing and that He and Jesus and the Holy Spirit are here for me always to pray to and trust in. I need to slow down and start enjoying the moments more and feeling anxious about the unknown less. Whatever happens is going to happen. All I can do is put my thanks and trust up to God and let Jesus take care of my heart and the worries that can fill it. The anxiousness I feel doesn't help me, it doesn't get me any where and it has no place in my life. I need to be better at letting go of the things I feel anxious of and put my trust into God.

No comments:

Post a Comment