Monday, September 10, 2012

Quietly Changed.

Ever feel like people from your past are so far removed that they feel more like fictional characters than someone you actually knew and were close to? I feel like God works in us in such an amazing way to heal us from our pain and hurt that quietly we grow stronger. The way that they say one day you wake up and are over it is true...to a point. You may think one day you are over it, but at that moment you gave it a nod in your mind realizing it is over. I think day by day we grow stronger and think less of the things that used to consume us, the hurtful things said to us, the pain we have carried, the insecurity we feel, the ache in our hearts it all goes away. It all heals. We recover from who we were and the negative feelings we felt toward ourselves and.toward others. Without realizing it we figure out that grudges and sour thoughts are truly worthless. We realize that God has made us into better versions of ourselves. He takes the hate out and the pain and replaces it with love, kindness and thankfulness. I heard a song that used to get me through my rough days by Sara Evans and it was "little bit stronger" and I ended up along the line not needing the song as my crutch anymore and it wasn't until a couple weeks ago I heard it on the radio and felt like a completely different person listening to it. I felt that the person who needed that song was gone and the person hearing it now felt a little too strong to let herself listen to it. If we step back and see how God has worked in our hearts and minds without us even asking or knowing what to ask to help us. He never gave up on us even when we gave up hope on ourselves. He was silently fixing us and repairing our hearts. He continues to do so, we never stop growing and learning. I know I've said it before but really micromanaging our lives and worrying about timelines is pointless. God has us covered. He has his plan and the prayers we pray get answered in some form. Don't give up. If you feel the pain won't leave or a memory won't stop haunting you, it will. You will realize in that moment exactly what I'm talking about. Feel empowered by God and feel safe. God is full time all around the clock focused on helping you get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment