Monday, September 10, 2012

"Remember Me"

While watching the movie "Remember Me" a character says this quote by Ghandi 
"Whatever you will do in life will be insignificant. But it's important that you do it because nobody else will."
 This quote speaks volumes about life. I know I am guilty of underestimating my impact on this world. I think I need to do something on a grander scale in my lifetime to help people. My best friend has pointed out to me before that the things I do daily create an impact. This quote made it full circle for me. I know I dream of the powerful things I can do with one day maybe running a non profit or housing foster kids and helping out with charitable organizations. I believe I am fully capable of doing that but really what matters is the day to day things we do.
The doors we hold, the "bless you" we say when someone sneezes, the good morning text or the much needed hug someone desperately wanted. It's in the smile we give to a stranger, the advice we give to a friend, the meaning behind telling someone you love them. It can be giving the homeless person some spare change or buying something from your neighbors children's fundraiser. It's the card you send for Christmas,  Anniversaries, Birthdays, Holidays or for no reason at all. I now find myself saying..."if not you then who?" The little things we do in our day to day lives seem so insignificant because it comes from the nature of who we are but the little acts of kindness we share without even realizing it, matter. If you don't hold the door for the person behind you, nobody else will.
 I write this blog because I get inspired and feel like writing it out as an outlet of my thoughts and emotions. I'm vulnerable and real with the things I share. I don't know who reads this, where they live, what gender they are or even how old they are but here I am. I write in the hopes that my inspirations may inspire some of you and even if I don't inspire that I just make you think for a second. If I never wrote these words, you may have never came to this conclusion. I don't only write this blog for me to get my release, I more importantly write it for you. No matter how insignificant something may seem do it... Nobody else will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment