Saturday, September 3, 2011

Inspired by Love

So I will admit it, I haven't written a blog lately because nothing has really been inspiring enough for me to do so. That all changed tonight. Want to do what did me in?

LOVE.

Witnessing love in the truest form, the moment where happily ever after starts, A WEDDING!

I've heard so many times, we are waiting for the "perfect" time to get married, when we have enough money, when I'm done with school, when I get started on my career, and so on and so forth. I just went to a wedding where the timeline didn't necessarily fit any of those standards, and I'm sure people were probably thinking, those "kids" are getting married at 20? And yes, I am 21 and I couldn't even imagine being married at this point in my life and you know why? I'm not like Karessa and Jason, I haven't found my true love, I haven't found the man I want to spend the rest of my life with, but they found each other, and why wait?

The face of the groom when he saw his bride walking toward him, her never ending smile, the glow with the two of them was so apparent and it was simply radiant! They had everyone at the ceremony and reception feeling the same happiness they were feeling and it was so comfortable and you can tell the couple was so in love and so ready to start this new adventure in their lives together. Isn't that what it is all about?

Finding that one person who makes you grin from ear to ear, who makes your heart race, who fits in with your family and you fit in with theirs, who makes you feel comfortable and beautiful?

I think we lose sight of those things with the way weddings are now a days, the insane amount of money dropped in locations and to get everything just perfect, the wedding I went to tonight was at the groom's grandmother's house where they had celebrated his grandma and grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary years prior, there were cookies instead of cake and milk brought around for toasts. There was delicious food, all the bridal party all looked stunning, there was music and the traditional dances and they rode out on a "big green tractor" when they left the reception. It was simple and it was beautiful and one of the best weddings I've ever been to. But this wedding had something special something I've felt at a few weddings before, and it was just that, a feeling, a feeling of comfort and happiness a feeling of love and warmth. That is something you can't buy, that is something that you can't fake. That is what it is all about, celebrating the love and feeling the love.

Like I said, I am 21 and the thought of me being married now seems so out of the question, but I am not in that place where I have found "the one" my "true love" and going to this wedding tonight has just really opened up my eyes to what it is all about. What some of us girls tend to do, we go crazy off the deep end because we think we need to settle down and just find a guy to be with and have a boyfriend and turn him into our husband and we lose sight of the journey and what God has planned for us. We aren't the ones that need to go out looking, because God already has that in a plan. I will admit it, I was feeling pretty down on myself the past couple of weeks, swearing off any guy that might have came near me because I didn't want to let myself be open, vulnerable and allow my heart to love again. I've always been a believer in love, and it was so unlike me to be so cynical because I'm always so positive and hopeful (and even a hopeless romantic:) I have always known that there is a love out there for me, but I lost sight of that, I was in my little sad place where I got to thinking I need to do it all by myself and not let anyone else but God in. But like I said, going to the wedding tonight restored me, I've been inspired by the love that they shared to know that LOVE IS SOMETHING WORTH HAVING AND WORTH WAITING FOR. Not every guy will cheat on you, not every guy will lie to you, not every guy will break your heart because they know they can...and just because you have had experiences where things like that have happened doesn't mean that you should give up hope. Because love is what it is all about. Love is something that is so special and we should be so thankful God has given us that emotion to feel. I heard a quote from my favorite TV show and it was "The day you start thinking that love is overrated is the day you are wrong"

Don't be desperate, don't settle, don't go searching for it either, TRUST, trust that God will bring you the love that He has made for you, and it doesn't have a time limit either, there is no age you have to be to find the person you are meant to spend the rest of your life with. Some people like my sisters and Karessa found it when they were in their early twenties, I've witnessed people get married in their late twenties, early thirties, and even find love when they are over 50. A love that isn't worth waiting for is a love that isn't worth having, I heard that quote once too but I don't recall where....but basically I've been inspired by love...set back on the right track to believing in it again and all the good things that love can do.

And just because you find the love of your life doesn't mean it is going to be easy and simple, because it will be messy at times and hard.

My brother-in-law told me something once, he said "you wanna know how I know I love your sister? Because sometimes yeah she does some things that really piss me off, but I know that if I ever got a call that said something ever happened to her I don't know what I would do, I can't imagine my life without your sister" And let me tell you what, as a sister, THAT IS AMAZING TO HEAR, that the man you sister is married to feels that way about her...and it just makes me think about how I want that, and I've never experienced that, and the love that I thought that I have felt in previous relationships was just the stepping stone to get to where I am going to be one day and feel EVEN MORE for a person and feel the need to have that other person in my life and to take his last name one day, now that, THAT IS WORTH WAITING FOR.

Believe in love. Be inspired by love.

1 comment:

  1. so well said I love it!It makes me realize what i have:)

    ReplyDelete