Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 -- Blessed.

I sit here in awe as I am typing these words when I reflect upon the year I had for 2013.

Never in my life have I ever felt more complete than I do in this exact moment.

I feel like I've finally have reached that place of fully loving myself.

This year was a big year for me.

I graduated college.

I had an incredible internship and spent the summer in Tahoe.

I made many memories with so many wonderful people.

I moved back home.

This year I celebrated a lot of things.

I've celebrated love, as I attended two weddings.

I've celebrated numerous birthdays.

I've celebrated my nieces both being baptized.

I've celebrated 100 career wins and the best season in Hilmar Football history coached by my dad.

I've celebrated accomplishments of family and friend members.

I've celebrated the life of my great grandma Mary who I lost this year and although it was so heartbreaking to watch a woman who has helped shape me into who I am today leave our world, I can't help but feel thankful I was blessed with her for 23 years.

I feel so normal being this happy, and it should scare me that I do, but I don't.

I should feel anxious about getting  a full time job or curious to see if this year will bring me love, but I'm not.

I truly feel in this moment whole.

I feel completely wonderful.

I have some very special people that I hold dear to my heart who aren't doing so well, but I'm taking the moments I am still blessed to have with them and cherishing every single one. I am trying not to think about when God is going to take them, and trying to be happy in the moments I get to share while I still can.

God has given me so much this past year.

I am so thankful for all of the memories, the accomplishments, the laughter, the tears, the sadness, the failures, the celebrations, the moments, everything. All of it can sum up into one word...Blessed.

God is good. Even when there is sadness. God has a plan. God can be trusted. God will take care of you.

Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment