Sunday, January 19, 2014

Unconditionally

I've probably heard the song "Unconditionaly" by Katy Perry at least twenty times since its been on the radio, but it wasn't until last night when I was about to fall asleep that I actually heard it.

What I think they meant for the song to be was for a person telling another person that it doesn't matter where they've been or what they do, they will love them no matter what, but when it actually HEARD the song, I heard it as God speaking to me.

Here are the lyrics, now when you read through the lyrics imagine that God is singing this song to you,

Oh no, did I get too close oh?
Oh, did I almost see what's really on the inside?
All your insecurities
All the dirty laundry
Never made me blink one time
 
Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally

 There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally
 
Come just as you are to me
Don't need apologies
Know that you are worthy
I'll take your bad days with your good
Walk through this storm I would

 I'd do it all because I love you, I love you
Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally

 There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally
 
So open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart, and just let it begin
Open up your heart, and just let it begin
Open up your heart

 Acceptance is the key to be
To be truly free
Will you do the same for me?
 
Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally
And there is no fear now
Let go and just be free
'Cause I will love you unconditionally
 
I will love you
I will love you
I will love you unconditionally
 
Wow, right? It gives the song such a deeper meaning. I think sometimes when we feel like we've strayed so far away that God won't let us back in, I feel like we sometimes talk ourselves out of a relationship with God because we have "too much baggage" or we've been "bad people" and so many other reasons that we think God won't love us. He loves us more than we can even fathom. He loves us through, like the song says, the good days and the bad. I love this whole song, but there are two parts of the song that really hit me in the heart, "there is no fear now, let go and just be free" and "acceptance is the key to be truly free will you do the same for me?"
 
The first lyric I mentioned, I love that it says there is no fear now, I think we bottle ourselves up with worry and fear for the future that we don't enjoy our days here or we allow ourselves to get scared of what might happen to us after we die. We don't need to worry. We don't need to be afraid. God is always with us.
 
The second lyric I mentioned is the key, He gives us this awesome unconditional love and we can take for granted. We don't give Him our unconditional love all the time. When question Him when things go wrong and can't allow ourselves to just trust in His plan.
 
Let us learn to unconditionally love God, through the good days and the bad, just like He does for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment